[sane-devel] Epson GT 7000

Joël jj.bataille at free.fr
Thu May 27 16:54:21 UTC 2010

Hi

Sane acknowledged perfectly my scanner Epson GT 7000 and it up to
the version 9.10 of Ubuntu.
With the version 10.04 of Ubuntu the scanner is acknowledged as a
generic scanner.

Here is the answer of scanimage:

 **********
joel at Fixe:~$ scanimage -L
device `epson2:/dev/sg2' is a Epson generic flatbed scanner
joel at Fixe:~$ scanimage --version
scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.20; backend version 1.0.20

 **********

**********
joel at Fixe:~$ sane-find-scanner

  # sane-find-scanner will now attempt to detect your scanner. If the
  # result is different from what you expected, first make sure your
  # scanner is powered up and properly connected to your computer.

found SCSI processor "EPSON SCANNER GT-7000 1.14" at /dev/sg2
  # Your SCSI scanner was detected. It may or may not be supported
by SANE. Try
  # scanimage -L and read the backend's manpage......

Consequence is that I can use the scanner only in it's basic
functions. Particularly I cannot use the adapter any more for negative
and slides because alone the flatbed source is offered.

Thank you for your help

J-Joël