[sane-devel] [sane-commit] [SCM] SANE backends - scanner drivers branch, master, updated. RELEASE_1_0_21-248-gaaa34de

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Mon Nov 1 14:45:02 UTC 2010

Le Monday 01 November 2010 14:51:59 m. allan noah, vous avez écrit :
> We need a way for authors of button handling programs to figure out
> what sensors a scanner exposes. Yes, they can use libsane to query the
> options, but then a third user would have to install the button
> daemon, just to find out if there are any sensors. I'd rather that
> scanimage could tell us.
>
> We have several options- improve the 'read only' text, change
> fetch_options() to print an improved warning if the user tries to set
> those options, or your suggestion of hiding them unless an arg is
> given. I would pick something other than '--query', but any of these
> choices is fine with me.
>
> Opinions?
>
> allan

	Hello,

	I think there are different points to answer. First there is a bug to
fix: the --help argument (which is geared to scanimage command line usage)
shouldn't print command line options that cannot be used.
	Second listing all the options a backend provides including buttons is
useful. It will better served with a specific argument (--list-options / --
list-buttons / --show-options ?). I'll submit a patch that brings such an
argument for everyone to review.

Regards,
	Stef