[sane-devel] Possible bug in canon backend or scanimage

Myroslav Kavatsyuk m.kavatsyuk at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 4 13:57:05 UTC 2010

Hello,

Just recently I bought CanoScan 2700F film scanner (SCSI, canon ackend).
It works fine with the xsane/xscanimage frontends. However, I have troubles to make it working with the scanimage frontend. Namely, I can not path some scanner-specific options (--af, --afonce, --highlight).

According to the manual this options are there:

>scanimage -d canon:/dev/sg2 -h
   --highlight 0..255 [255]
        Selects what radiance level should be considered "white".
  Focus:
    --af[=(yes|no)] [yes]
        Enable/disable auto focus
    --afonce[=(yes|no)] [yes]
        Do auto focus only once between ejects

When I execute
>scanimage -d canon:/dev/sg2 --resolution 2720 --film-type Slides --highlight 150 > out.pnm

I get the error message:
> scanimage: unrecognised option --highlight

I have checked the source code of the canon backend and I can not see gross mistakes. Moreover I can control these options with the xsane GUI.

Please give me a hint where should I look to find a solution of the problem.

Thank you in advance,
Best regards,
Myroslav