[sane-devel] Canon CanoScan 9000F (similar to 8800F) supported by sane?

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 22:49:28 UTC 2010

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 1:32 AM, Marcus Menzel <flareload at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hello Gernot,
>
>> Unfortunately, nothing has been submitted to the CVS repositories yet,
>> so you'll have to get the patched code (pixma_mp150.c) from me. Email
>> me and I'll send it to you. There are about 3 or 4 people that have
>> the code at present. Hopefully between us we will be able to test the
>> remaining modes and fix whatever does not work yet.
>
> I'm also an owner of a CanoScan 8800F, so if you don't mind I'll try to
> compile sane on my Kubuntu 10.04 and test what happens.

Hi Marcus,

Thanks, but don't worry too much about the 8800F, I have one too, and
it is officially supported in SANE since 1.0.21. That was the first
scanner I worked on. Of course it can be improved, there are some
things that are not implemented yet (like difference between neg & pos
scans) so if you notice something please let me know. Resolution-wise,
it all works though.

Cheers,
Gernot
--