[sane-devel] need feedback (Lexmark X74)

Torsten Houwaart ToHo at gmx.net
Mon Nov 22 16:53:37 UTC 2010

Hi,

I was working on cleaning up the code a little bit and I realized there are a lot of flaws with the instructions I send to the X74.

1. I can scan at 600 dpi colour, but I have to change one parameter which screws up the scans at the other resolutions, so I guess I have to turn off the possibility. -> see also 4.
2. If the scanhead gets stuck at the end of the scan it will move back with the next scan attempt but only if I start a new scan twice.
3. It works only for whole page scans, if I use -x and -y flags i often get wrong data.
4. I noticed that I can choose pretty much any resolution in Xsane and that of course results in the scanner not working and Xsane locking up. How can put constraints to that?

I won't have much time in the next couple of weeks to work on the code. Tomorrow is the last "free" day where I can do something. Should I send what I have now?
This addition gives at least (very) basic support for the X74 but I can't  guarantee satisfactory results.

greets Torsten Houwaart
--
GRATIS! Movie-FLAT mit über 300 Videos.
Jetzt freischalten unter http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/maxdome