[sane-devel] Backend for plustek Opticbook 3600

Michael Rickmann mrickma at gwdg.de
Mon Nov 29 08:41:00 UTC 2010

Hello Chris, hello everybody else,
I am new here. Thanks to your work, Chris and your sources (
http://sites.google.com/site/bez625/updates-1/update120410 ) I can use
an Optibook 3600 under Sane for scanning in some pics for my lectures.
You can find my current diffs in
http://wwwuser.gwdg.de/~mrickma/sane-pobook-3600/2010-11-29/pobook3600-diffs-20101129.tar.gz
.
cb-pobook-initial.diff is how I transposed Chris' work to Sane git
3de5c8738 (Mon Nov 8 18:01:29 2010 +0100). shifted-shading.diff contains
my own work, a rather strange shading function in which the color matrix
is rotated every 256 values. I found that by writing less than 3 color
channels. In the same directory you can find some test scans at
different dpi. The 600dpi one is a bit marginal as we do not yet use
offset and gain calibration. 1200dpi scans do not work yet.
For everybody who is willing to test the backend I have also put the
Ubuntu packages up which I use.
Regards
Michael