[sane-devel] Who has a KONICA MINOLTA device? (or an Epson AL-CX16)

Reinhold Kainhofer reinhold at kainhofer.com
Mon Oct 4 22:59:10 UTC 2010

As you might know, I'm currently working on a backend for my KONICA MINOLTA
magicolor 1690mf multi-function scanner. From what I heard from Ilia Sotnikov,
several KONICA MINOLTA devices use a similar scanning protocol, so if anyone
has such a device (other than the magicolor 1690mf; particularly bizhub ones
and the magicolor 4680/4690 series), I would be very interested in more
details about the device and it's capabilities.

It would be great if I could get some data sniffs of a scanning operation. If
you have such a device, please contact me and we'll talk about details (i.e.
which operations, device capabilities, how to obtain data sniffs, and even how
to test my alpha-quality backend).

Also, if the device is a network device, the snmp variables offered by the
device would be interesting for auto-detection (simply send me the output of
"snmpwalk -c public -v 2c IP_ADDRESS 1", where IP_ADDRESS is the IP-address of
the device).

Thanks a lot,
Reinhold

PS: The Epson AL-CX16 and AL-CX16NF look exactly like my magicolor 1690mf, so
maybe they are even identical devices. I you have access to such a device, I
would be just as interested...