[sane-devel] short update on Canon MP900/MP950

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 13:15:51 UTC 2010

Dear all,

I've not had time to add debug statements to the sane code yet to
determine why connection of Canon MP950 results in a segmentation
fault. However, tonight I received the MP900, which has the same
scanner type as the MP950 according to the specs (3200dpi CCD), and I
can confirm that the same error occurs with this machine also.

Gutenprint printing works on both the MP950 and MP900, and both
machiens' scanners work perfectly under Windows XP with the respective
scanner drivers installed.

I hope to find time very soon to debug this issue.

Best regards,
Gernot Hassenpflug