[sane-devel] Canon lide 80

Ludovic Andrivon andrivon at cial.ca
Wed Oct 27 04:15:07 UTC 2010

Hi,

I  have a Canon Lide 80, I switch to linux in 2007 and subscribe to this
list in 2008...
So when I need to scan i have to start a virtual machine with windows XP
because this scanner is listed as unsupported.
Since 2008 I learn a few things and may be I can help making this
scanner as supported even is my background as programmer is more Cobol
oriented...

 From what I read on the list  I completed the following steps:
On my computer running Ubuntu 10.04 x86_64 2.6.32-25-generic #45
- star  Virtual Box with windows XP
- install USBsnoop
- log the calibration phase
- log a small black and white scan at 75 dpi
- log a small color scan at 75 dpi

- get a fresh copy of sane fron git and compile it
- change some genesys_device files so my scanner can be recognized and
use canon lide 60 as model
- run /usr/local/bin/sane-find-scanner
  found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9 [Canon], product=0x2214 [CanoScan],
chip=GL842) at libusb:001:006
- run /usr/local/bin/scanimage > test.png
the scanner moved and start scanning for 5 seconds then stop and get
stuck as I 'm rigth now ;-)

You can find all files and logs at the following web site:
https://sites.google.com/site/cialsane/

What can be the next steps ?

Thanks

Ludovic