[sane-devel] Vertical bands with Lexmark X1150

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Thu Sep 9 04:31:48 UTC 2010

Le mardi 7 septembre 2010 00:28:07 Andrew Ziem, vous avez écrit :
> On Sun, Sep 5, 2010 at 10:29 PM, stef <stef.dev at free.fr> wrote:
> > Le samedi 4 septembre 2010 19:50:48 Andrew Ziem, vous avez écrit :
> >> I use Fedora 13 (32-bit) with SANE 1.0.21-2 with a Lexmark X1150 (Dell
> >> A920), but I see horizontal bands when scanning with SANE, Xsane, and
> >> GIMP.  When scanning in Windows, it looks fine.
> >>
> >> Example image (300dpi)
> >> http://a.imageshack.us/img829/943/lexmarkx1150verticalban.png
> >
> >        the artifacts you see are due to incorrect shading calibration.
> > Does these vertical lines change if you do several scans ? May be the
> > lamp isn't warm enough during first scans.
>
> Hi Stef,
>
> I just tried the same scan 5 times in Linux, and it happened every
> time.  In Windows, it works fine the first time.
>

> Andrew
	Hello,

	in order to debug, you need to compile a debug version of SANE. You must
get the sources and compile them _without_ installing them. ie doing 'make'
but not 'make install'. Before compiling you must edit lexmark.h and change
the '#undef DEEP_DEBUG' in it to '#define DEEP_DEBUG 1'.
	Once compiled, it can be run locally from the 'backend' sub-directory
with the appended run-lexmark shell which has to be copied in 'backend'. It
will generate a lexmark-scan.log and various *.pnm files. Please send them all
to me so that I can find exactly what is going on.

Regards,
	Stef