[sane-devel] Using the Canon DR-2010C driver (scanner is not recognized)

Ori Koren ori at paperact.com
Sat Sep 25 02:41:43 UTC 2010

Hi,

I compiled and installed the latest sane-backends-1.0.21 and tried to
use it with a Canon DR-2010C scanner,
but the scanner is not recognized (by scanadf -L, or scanimage -L).
sane-find-scanner and lsusb can see the device.

I can see that the scanner is supported and that the code and included
conf files contain the right usb id's (vendor id 0x1083, product id
0x161b) - but the scanner still isn't recognized.

Am I missing some option in one of the config files?
(I don't see a mapping from the usb id's to a device name. maybe
that's what causing my problem? Is the device name read from one of
the conf files or is it somehow read from the device through the usb
layer?)

I am using an ubuntu 8.04.3. The libusb-0.1-4, libusb-dev versions are
both 2:0.1.12-8

Thanks,
Ori