[sane-devel] Colored vertical stripes with Visioneer Xerox DocuMate 510

chris guirl thelusiv at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 20:58:03 UTC 2010

Hi, I recently got this model scanner and tried it out. It works fine
in grayscale but when I scan color images, there are wide, repeating
vertical bars overlaying the image.

It is not dissimilar to the problem in the picture from the thread
"[sane-devel] Vertical bands with Lexmark X1150". However in this case
there is a much more pronounced effect with brightly colored stripes
blended with much of the image.

I'll get a sample uploaded soon, the scanner is currently in use (it
works fine with the manufacturer's drivers in Windows).

I am using Ubuntu 10.04 x86-64 (kernel 2.6.32-25), with sane and xsane
installed via .deb packages: libsane 1.0.21-0ubuntu1, sane-utils
1.0.21-0ubuntu1, xsane and xsane common 0.996-2ubuntu3.

I'm a programmer and happy to hack on the driver, if necessary, since
I have the equipment and can easily test it...but I'm not quite sure
where to start as this is my first time working with sane or any
scanning on Linux for that matter.

Thanks

Chris Guirl