[sane-devel] Canon MP280 not supported by SANE

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 06:19:01 UTC 2011

On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 3:01 PM, Cristi Lacatus <alaskanseaman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> I set the debug level to 21 ([~] # export SANE_DEBUG_PIXMA=21) and ran this
> command:
>
> [~] # scanimage -d pixma:04A91746_01760E > /tmp/scanimage.pnm
> 2>sane.debug.log

Thanks. It is timing out without doing anything. I can think of a few
issues: either the command set is wrong, or the generation is
incorrect, or the initialization needs to be changed, among other
things.

The easiest solution would be to get some Windows USB logs, taken with
the usual tool IIRC:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/usbsnoop/

Is it possible that you take 3 simple low-res (75dpi) color,
greyscale, and B/W scan logs under a Windows 2K or Windows XP machine?

Gernot