[sane-devel] Fwd: phpSANE question

Cristi Lacatus alaskanseaman at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 14:00:04 UTC 2011

Well on this box, QNAP TS219, ARM processor, which runs with a stripped
version of linux, the apache daemon runs as the httpdusr and is pretty much
limited on the rights that it has within the system. As I noticed there is
another discussion now on pretty much the same topic, users that have no
rights to access the peripherals, unless given specific rights to do so, but
on this box is pretty much impossible, from my point of view.

So in order to overcome this obstacle, I added a telnet class, if I can call
it this way so I am running the commands through telnet class with admin
rights ... at the moment my scanner is not fully supported (I am already in
contact with one of the devs who's going to look into this as soon as
possible) so I cannot fully test this at the moment. But the errors are
gone, so lets hope for the best.

Cheers,
Cristian.