[sane-devel] Canan CanoScan 8400F backend driver

brian at amason.net brian at amason.net
Tue Aug 30 14:34:15 UTC 2011

I can tell you for sure the 8400F runs on a GL843 processor. I took mine
apart years ago in thinking I would be able to develop a driver. I'm
fairly certain I posted the entire guts of the scanner years ago. Both to
this list and to other places. But like Allesandro, I haven't the time to
develop one. I will however gladly test any developing 8400F drivers. I
mean really test. I will even test the negatives scanner including medium
format pictures and all. I would also help fine tune some parts of such a
driver, if necessary.
The purpose of this scanner was meant to scan and preserve very old
negatives including a good number of large and medium format negatives.

Brian