[sane-devel] Canon DR-7550 I/O Error

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 00:33:51 UTC 2011

This machine uses a new command 'e5' instead of the traditional 'd5'
command used by older canon dr machines. The contents of these
commands are unknown. So, I need you to make some more logs in
windows. You will need to change one setting, make a scan, save the
log, clear the log, and change the setting back to the previous value.
This way, we can determine the differences.

If you could start by making a scan identical to your last, but
simplex instead, that would be a good starting point.

After that, we would need simplex scans with the various special
features changed. Things like dropout color, or multi-feed detection,
asynchronous mode, etc.

I know this is a great deal of work, but lacking documentation, there
is no other way.

allan