[sane-devel] Canon MF8330

Teemu Suikki zuikkis at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 17:21:25 UTC 2011

Still one problem, ADF only works for one page. The problem is that in
windows all ADF pages are scanned inside single session. Sane does
abort_session after first page, then fails with EBUSY in the next
start_session...  The scanner is busy because it is feeding the rest
of the pages, it accepts a new session only after it has finished
feeding the pages.

I tried fixing this by checking ADF status and only do abort_session()
if ADF has no paper, and also ignore start_session return code. This
works very well with scanimage, batch mode scans everything correctly
and even without batch you can do single page scans..

But Ubuntu's "Simple Scan" utility fails after first scanned page..
Don't know why.

--
Teemu

--