[sane-devel] Support for CanoScan 9000F and others: splitting pixma_mp150.c into two drivers

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 16:32:53 UTC 2011

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 12:09 AM, Gernot Hassenpflug
<aikishugyo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I've gotten down to the work of splitting pixma_mp150.c into two sub-drivers.

Status update:

I've split the driver very basically for now.

The new driver is called pixma_mp810.c, since that is the lowest
numbered MP device I added full (4800 dpi) support for there.

I've removed all other devices from it, save for those listed below
(MP810, MP960,970,980,990, and the Canoson 8800F and 9000F).

Added pixma_mp810.c to the following files:
1) backend/Makefile.am
2) backend/pixma_common.h
3) backend/pixma_rename.h

I haven't yet looked at adding/updating any documentation files.

Compilation works, so I will clean up the code a little, and prepare a
diff of the pixma_mp150.c over the next couple of days, since there
may be a few other changes I had made to existing supported devices
that could be not committed in git repository yet. If so I will submit
those diffs separately later.

Comments welcome.

Regards,
Gernot Hassenpflug