[sane-devel] Ubuntu 11.10 : Support for Umax Astra 4100 via

iain kashyap iain.kashyap at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 09:51:48 UTC 2011

Hi Stef,

I read in the documentation at
http://www.xsane.org/doc/sane-xsane-color-management-doc.html that I need
to enable Color Management.
Whenever I try to go to enable color management, I get a error box which
reads, "Error during CMS conversion: Could not open scanner ICM profile"
I got the some sense to this problem at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xsane/+bug/373805
I tried installing the icc-profiles packags. I used sudo apt-get install
icc-profiles. Restarted xsane but that didn't work. Do I need to create my
own .icm file?

I tried using the options, Convert to sRGB, convert to working color space
but that doesn't work.

I have 2 icm files on my system

iain at iain-System-Product-Name:/$ sudo find . -name *.icm
[sudo] password for iain:
./usr/share/color/icc/Fogra27L.icm
./usr/share/color/icc/sRGB.icm

Refered to the link below.
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xsane/+question/65736
Removed the Medion:MD5345_MD6228_MD6471.drc file. This didn't work by
either unchecking or checking enable color management on the menu.

Refered to the link below
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xsane/+bug/96011
I granted user permission recursively to the entire directory. Didn't help.

Also I want to add that I can preview the color scan in the preview window
but can't do so in the viewer/save mode of the xsane window. I have xsane
0.998 with me.

Thanks and Regards,
Iain