[sane-devel] MinGW w64 build results

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Mon Dec 19 04:52:35 UTC 2011

On 12/18/2011 09:56 PM, Chris Bagwell wrote:
> I looked at this change but as it is, it breaks compiles on Fedora 16.
>   It looks like including the DDK files is the only option there.  Is
> there a standard way to check when your on a w64 platform?  I guess we
> could move some header file checks to configure to detect were to get
> SCSI symbols.

Fedora 16 is still mingw.org based. The switch to w64 depends on Red
Hat's legal team giving the OK on the switch. In the mean time you can
add and enable the cross repo[1] that includes all the w64 packages.

In regards to detecting the tool chains, the prefix for the tools could
be used.

i686-pc-mingw for mingw.org
i686-w64-mingw for w64

> Not really.  I'm sure upstream libusb is the best place to discuss.
>
> As long as libusb project has a suggested work around/file location
> for dealing with w64, we can accommodate it as well as standard usb.h
> easy enough.

I'll try starting a conversation about it with them.

[1] http://build1.openftd.org/fedora-cross/fedora-cross.repo