[sane-devel] A couple issues with genesys HP G4010

Brian Shaver shakerlxxv at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 02:16:23 UTC 2011

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 11:30 PM, stef <stef.dev at free.fr> wrote:

> Le Monday 31 January 2011 23:53:52 Brian Shaver, vous avez écrit :

> :
> with:

> > > -y

> > > -y

> bottom
> > >
> > > of

> option.
> > >
> > > It

> give

> > > shakerlxxv at gmail.com>

> following

> bounds>,

> at
> (handle=0x99e340)
> at

> despeck

> your_password"

> currently
> > >
> > > in

> > > scanner.

> that.

> > >         Hello,
> > >
> > >        I have committed the fix for this bug. Now image size will be
> > >
> > > correct.
> > > The logging issue is also fixed. You may try the latest git source
> code.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > >         Stef
> >
> > Stef,
> > When I test with these latest changes, they do address the issues
> > referenced in this thread; however, I'm seeing an increase in the noise
> in
> > the image. Just to make sure I rolled back a couple days and re-scanned
> > the same images again. The additional noise is present both with and
> > without the swdespeck option. I'm attaching sample images. Any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Brian ..
>
>         Hello,
>
>        there is no calibration nor warmup done for the G4010/G4050. So the
> kind
> of issue you're having isn't surprising. Once I have finished to add
> 2400/4800
> dpi modes for the Lide 100/200, I'll turn back to the G4040.
>
> Regards,
>         Stef

Stef / allan,

Not sure I completely understand either of your responses, but another test
I just ran ( with a different image ) did not have any problem. So that's
good news.

Stef, one thing I really like about the current SANE interface to the HP
G4010 is how quickly I can scan multiple pages as long as I'm not changing
anything (even changing some parameters doesn't cause any delay ). It sounds
like this could be related to the calibration / warmup functions not yet
implemented. I hope the speed wouldn't change too much when these functions
are implemented, or perhaps there could be an option to avoid the
calibration/warmup steps?

Thanks,
Brian ..