[sane-devel] ADF ISSUE

Jerry Lazarus jerry at datacentrix.com
Fri Feb 4 09:12:36 UTC 2011

The best way to describe the ADF issue is to provide you with an example.

Let say I have 2 double sided pages to scan and the desire to create a
PDF file.  I set the quantity to 4 and choose ADF (left aligned).  I
insert the 2 pages into the ADF and invoke the scanner.  The scanner
then creates 4 images inside the project.

The problem is the images in the PDF file are tablet style or short end
flip if I print out the saved PDF file.  The even numbered images (2 and
4) are upside down.  I cannot find any choice in Preferences that allows
me to choose "Long Edge Duplex".  It seems that "Short Edge Duplex" is
the defaulted choice creating tablet style.

As a workaround I need to edit each even numbered image and rotate the
image 180 degrees.  If you have a 32 page double sided document (16
physical pieces of paper printed on both sides) I need to edit images 2,
4, 6, ...32 and rotate them 180 degrees.

It would be nice if there would be a user setting that allows you to do
this.

Also, Brother supplies manufactured developed Linux drivers for .deb and
.rpm packagers.  It would be very helpful if SANE would include them in
the backend.

Hope my comments help.

*Have a nice day!* jerry at datacentrix.com