[sane-devel] Max Scan Area from ADF

Juanito Hunter tshunter001 at yahoo.com.mx
Wed Feb 23 17:26:17 UTC 2011

There is clearly a problem in the SANE backend for the 5590, or perhaps in SANE itself - I'm not a good enough programmer to know which it might be.

My 5590 works perfectly in Windows XP, scans legal with the ADF, etc.  With SANE, it scans perfectly using the ADF, but only to the 11.72 dimension.   I had to resort to Windows again last week to scan legal size.  What a bother!

It appears likely that the scanner senses
 the end of the sheet and and provides (at least in Windows) the measured length of the page to the scanner software.  Could this be the solution?

Out of curiosity I made a sheet of paper 8.5x17 inches and tried it in the scanner (using Windows).  I got a "paper jam" error after 14 inches, so there is a fixed limit, but it is 14 inches, not 11.72.

I'm using Opensuse 11.1, with XSane versión 0.995  5590:002 (modified by Novell, it says) downloaded from the Opensuse Repository. I will probably go to Opensuse 11.3
 shortly.

Juanito