[sane-devel] Detected scanner, proper driver, won't scan

Stan Goodman stan.goodman at hashkedim.com
Sat Feb 26 19:34:22 UTC 2011

The scanner is Epson 640U, in recently installed openSuSE v11.3. YaST >
Scanners finds it and identifies it correctly; I have chosen the epson2
driver.

:~> scanimage -L
device `epson2:libusb:003:002' is a Epson Perfection640 flatbed scanner
:~> scanimage -T
scanimage: sane_start: Invalid argument

Attemps to scan produce "Failed to start scanner. Invalid argument",
which is not very informative. A review of a number of Google hits
doesn't add more.

I have reviewed the xscan preferences screens, but have had to admit
defeat, and the fields are not sufficiently explained for me.

I am assuming (hoping) that I have left something undone, but have not
found anything to point me to it. Ideas? Please.
--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on