[sane-devel] HP ScanJet 5590 ADF doesn't scan legal size

Juanito Hunter tshunter001 at yahoo.com.mx
Tue Jan 11 17:21:39 UTC 2011

Ilia:

Thanks for your quick reply.

I attach the screen showing options, the scan result, etc.  The obvious thing is that the size shows 8.50 x 11.72 inches, which is the size of the flat bed.  I am scanning Mexican legal size, which is 8.50 x 13.25 inches.  (U.S. legal is 8.50 x 14 inches - don't ask me why the difference).  Both legal sizes have worked with Windows XP and the HP driver.

I am running OpenSuse 11.1, XSANE 0.995 5590:002 as you can see in the image.

Juanito