[sane-devel] plustek opticpro st28, genesys backend

Yury Tarasievich yury.tarasievich at gmail.com
Sun Jan 16 15:33:26 UTC 2011

Could someone please give some advice on
scanners in genesys backend?

I own a Plustek OpticPro ST28, and so, for it to
work in SANE, I would have to program GL841
ASIC, L6219 motor controller, Sony ILX 569 CCD
and WM8196 digitizer (this latter I'm unsure of
and would have to re-check).

I'd like to have some model for my work on ST28.
Are there any GL84* scanners in genesys backend,
which use this motor controller and already work
(or at least move the caret correctly)?

In my previous attempts, I was able to either
lock the caret (and so had to open the scanner
and unlock), or to move the caret by very small
steps.

Yury