[sane-devel] New magicolor backend for inclusion in git

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 19:31:13 UTC 2011

I'm trying to build this now on Fedora 14 with net-snmp enabled, and I
get the following error:

magicolor.c: In function 'mc_network_discovery_handle':
magicolor.c:1800:2: error: 'netsnmp_indexed_addr_pair' undeclared
(first use in this function)
magicolor.c:1800:2: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only
once for each function it appears in
magicolor.c:1800:29: error: 'responder' undeclared (first use in this function)
magicolor.c:1800:69: error: expected expression before ')' token
magicolor.c:1801:2: warning: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code
magicolor.c: In function 'mc_network_discovery':
magicolor.c:1909:20: warning: pointer targets in assignment differ in signedness
magicolor.c:1910:2: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of
'strlen' differ in signedness
/usr/include/string.h:399:15: note: expected 'const char *' but
argument is of type 'u_char *'
magicolor.c:1912:20: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from
pointer target type
make[2]: *** [libmagicolor_la-magicolor.lo] Error 1

And poking around in /usr/include/net-snmp reveals no definition for
netsnmp_indexed_addr_pair. This is using net-snmp 5.5, which seems
like it might still be a current release?

allan