[sane-devel] xerox_mfp: Success with Samsung CLX-2160

Malte Starostik malte at malte.homeip.net
Wed Jun 1 12:43:04 UTC 2011

Hi,

after some two years of struggling with Samsung's proprietary driver for my
CLX-2160 MFP, I've finally come accross the xerox_mfp module and it works very
nicely!  So far I've not experienced any of the instabilities and conflicts
with the splix printer driver that happened with Samsung's BLOB.
Thanks alot for this module!
All I needed to do was include this in xerox_mfp.conf to have it recognize the
device:

# Samsung CLX-216x Series
usb 0x04e8 0x3425

If there is any standard testing sequence, I'll gladly run it through to get
some more qualified success story than "works for my scanning needs", just let
me know.  Either way, maybe the USB id can be included in one of the next
releases.

Kind regards,
Malte