[sane-devel] Alioth server upgrades

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 20:25:18 UTC 2011

Debian's Alioth service (which hosts the sane website, source code,
and this mailing list) was recently upgraded. Alioth is now two
machines, wagner (website) and vasks (git). We had various breakages
due to this change, which I've been working to correct.

Unfortunately, the sane group homedir is not (currently) shared
between these two machines. So, the various git hooks and cron jobs
that update the scanner lists, make snapshots, etc, cannot be easily
fixed. Instead, I have converted those to nightly cronjobs in my
account on wagner. If anyone sees a problem, like updating a .desc
file, but the changes dont show on the website the next day, please
let me know.

allan