[sane-devel] [genesys] canon lide 210: scans contain circles

Jiri Slaby jirislaby at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 19:22:25 UTC 2011

Hi,

I've just bought a Canon Lide 210 scanner. So I've enabled genesys
driver and ran xsane.

I did no calibration as described in the manpage as there is no cal
sheet and no --calibrate option for scanimage. So I took a preview and
did a real scan then. But after scanned, the picture contains small (7px
in diameter) circles. This can be seen here (16M picture, 1200 dpi, full
color):
http://www.fi.muni.cz/~xslaby/sklad/circles.png

The same happens for grey-scale scans.

Is it that the scanner is that bad? Or is it broken? Or is there
something I should set? I tried despeck and swdespeck options without
any changes.

Note that I can't set resolution to 2400. Neither with scanimage, nor in
xsane. Why? According to changelog and git commits in git, this should
be already supported in my version. Regarding versions, I have:
sane-backends-1.0.22-13.2.x86_64
xsane-0.998-7.2.x86_64
from openSUSE Factory.

thanks,