[sane-devel] [genesys] canon lide 210: scans contain circles

Jiri Slaby jirislaby at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 20:19:57 UTC 2011

On 06/08/2011 09:34 PM, m. allan noah wrote:
> Those circles are called half-toning. Look at your original paper with
> a magnifier, and you will see them.

Yes, you are right. Sorry that I didn't notice earlier.

As I know what's that now, I tried to google a bit without any good
results. I only found descreening is what I'm looking for and that there
are some past recurring discussions on sane lists. Is there any fast
descreening filter you use guys to get rid of that? (At least links to
productive sane-devel threads would be appreciated.)

I only came across:
  convert circles.png -median 7 circles1.png
which makes the picture a heap better. But it lasts ages.

thanks,
--
js