[sane-devel] [genesys backend] HP 4850

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Mon Jun 27 04:24:17 UTC 2011

Le dimanche 26 juin 2011 16:13:47 Dariusz Lipski, vous avez écrit :
> Dnia niedziela, 26 czerwca 2011 o 14:45:45 napisałeś:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have HP 4850 scanner.
> > I have read that this device is unsupported but can by added to genesys
> > backend.
> >
> > I have done it but .. no effects (scanimage -L does not find aby
> > scanner). Maybe someone could describe me what does this options mean :
> >
> >   SANE_FALSE,			/* Is this a CIS scanner? */
> >   SANE_FALSE,			/* Is this a sheetfed scanner? */
> >   CCD_HP3670,
> >   DAC_WOLFSON_HP3670,
> >   GPO_HP3670,
> >   MOTOR_HP3670,
> >
> >       GENESYS_FLAG_LAZY_INIT
> >
> >     | GENESYS_FLAG_14BIT_GAMMA
> >     | GENESYS_FLAG_XPA
> >     | GENESYS_FLAG_DARK_CALIBRATION
> >     | GENESYS_FLAG_OFFSET_CALIBRATION
> >     | GENESYS_FLAG_STAGGERED_LINE
> >     | GENESYS_FLAG_CUSTOM_GAMMA,
> >
> >   GENESYS_HAS_COPY_SW | GENESYS_HAS_EMAIL_SW | GENESYS_HAS_SCAN_SW,
> >   20,
> >   200
> >
> > }.....
> >
> > Any other help what to try or sth.. will be appreciated :)
>
> I've also find out that this device doesn't contains chipset GL841 but
> GL843

	Hello,

	looks similar to the G4050/G4010 which have some support (up to 600 dpi
uncalibrated). You might clone the device and change USB id to the HP4850.
Don't forget the genesys.conf.in file. Be aware that genesys.conf isn't
overwritten by the install procedure, and you'll have to install the new
version manually.

Regards,
	Stef