[sane-devel] Detected scanner, proper driver, won't scan

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Tue Mar 1 11:43:50 UTC 2011

Hello,

On Feb 26 21:34 Stan Goodman wrote (excerpt):
> The scanner is Epson 640U, in recently installed openSuSE v11.3. YaST >
> Scanners finds it and identifies it correctly; I have chosen the epson2
> driver.
>
> :~> scanimage -L
> device `epson2:libusb:003:002' is a Epson Perfection640 flatbed scanner
> :~> scanimage -T
> scanimage: sane_start: Invalid argument

Perhaps it works with the alternative drivers "epson" from SANE
or with "epkowa" driver from Avasys in our "iscan-free" package?

If not, you may have a look at
http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Configuring_Scanners
in particular "Trouble-Shooting (Debugging)".

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex