[sane-devel] Not working HP ScanJet 2400

Adrian Glaubitz glaubitz at physik.fu-berlin.de
Wed Mar 2 11:27:23 UTC 2011

Hi Dimitry,

On Mar 2, 2011, at 11:24 AM, Дмитрий Россихин wrote:

> The scanner detects and Xsane sees it, but when you start scanning, and an error in the output result is completely unreadable image.
>
> Scanner: HP Scan Jet 2400
> Console output:
> (xsane: 4720): Pango-WARNING **: Invalid UTF-8 string passed to pango_layout_set_text () --

I'm not a 100% sure but I think the ScanJet 2400 is technically identical to the ScanJet 2410. We
had a discussion regarding this scanner a month ago which describes the current working
status as well as a lot of debug information which I have collected with the USB snoop utility.

The driver needs some more work, but works best with the latest version of the SANE
backends (1.0.22).

Adrian