[sane-devel] Any news about CanoScan 9000F driver?

Al Bogner sane at ml093.pinguin.uni.cc
Wed May 25 22:51:31 UTC 2011

Am Mi, 25 Mai 2011 20:59:23 CEST schrieb Sam (Uli) Freed:

> Thanks for your work on open-source.
>
> I am considering buting the 9000F scanner, and I run the latest
> Ubuntu.

Which driver do you mean? AFAIK, the driver is under construction and
not in git, but a patch exists.

I hope the driver gets into git in the next time.

> - Can you recommend/for against?
>
> - Does your driver support all resolutions/features?
>
> - I will be scanning my whole family slide & Neg collection from the
> 1960s on. Do I need all the features? do we have what I need?

I think there is no alternative for the price. IMO the highest
resolution of the 9000F is useless for your sources, it is more a
marketing value. If you speak German, I will search a test for you.

If you want to scan slides and neg only, I would recommend you a film
scanner, the quality is a lot better. I use a Nikon with vuescan for
this.

Al