[sane-devel] TPU functionality in epson2-backend.

Martin Zackrisson martin.zackrisson at cmb.gu.se
Fri Nov 18 14:18:04 UTC 2011

Hello,

I've got an Epson Perfection V700 Photo with a TPU. When selecting the
TPU as source in SANE, the allowed scan area shrinks compared to
"regular" scanning.

scanimage: rounded value of br-x from 215.9 to 149.86
scanimage: rounded value of br-y from 297.18 to 246.38

I know this behaviour from TWAIN  where in my python application
self.SD.SetCapability(32829, 4, 1) resolves the issue and gives back
full scanning area while still using the TPU. Syntax for the command is
simply to set capability 32829 to 1 (probably instead of being 0). As
far as I can see this is not a documented capability in TWAIN.

I'm not versed in c++, so I wonder if such a capability could be
included in SANE?

(On the side, If anybody had a clue as to how one could force the
scanner-lamp to be turned off without waiting the 15 minutes that is the
standard time-out)

Regards,

Martin Zackrisson