[sane-devel] TPU functionality in epson2-backend.

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Wed Nov 23 23:27:11 UTC 2011

Martin Zackrisson <martin.zackrisson at cmb.gu.se> writes:

> I've dug through the code and made copy/paste/rename adjustments
> everywhere it seemed reasonable (first day with c-code...). This will
> probably more show how lost I am than anything else, but below are the
> diffs for all files I've been poking around (don't think I forgot
> any). I think my main issue is that I have no clue how to connect the
> static that I made (SANE_EPSON_CAP_FULL_SENSOR_IN_TPU) to what is
> being sent in the scanner in "define esci_set_full_sensor(s,v)
> e2_esc_cmd( s,(s)->hw->cmd->set_full_sensor, v)". That is to give
> set_full_sensor the value of SANE_EPSON_CAP_FULL_SENSOR_IN_TPU.

Your SANE_EPSON_CAP_FULL_SENSOR_IN_TPU defines a two byte value but
s->hw->cmd->set_full_sensor is only a single byte.  The e2_esc_cmd()
route will not work as it was written for scanner commands that all
start with an ESC (0x1b).

You have to write your own esci_set_full_sensor() (see esci_set_zoom()
in epson2-cmd.c for inspiration) and make that send the two bytes of
SANE_EPSON_CAP_FULL_SENSOR_IN_TPU as well as the 0 or 1 value you want
to set.  BTW, I have no clue as to the command handshake but expect it
to be similar to that of esci_set_zoom().

Hope this helps,
                 http://www.fsf.org/jf?referrer=1962