[sane-devel] TPU functionality in epson2-backend.

Martin Zackrisson martin.zackrisson at cmb.gu.se
Tue Nov 29 09:19:05 UTC 2011

On 11/22/2011 01:05 AM, Martin Zackrisson wrote:
> On 2011-11-21 00:56, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
>>
>> No clue what capability 32829 is, but the scanner protocol command that
>> selects whether you use the flatbed or TPU option uses the same values.
>> That is, 0 will do a flatbed scan, 1 a TPU scan.
>>
>>> I'm not versed in c++, so I wonder if such a capability could be
>>> included in SANE?
>> It could, but I seriously doubt it should as it would drive the scanner
>> outside of its spec.

Update:

I now have the spec for the Epson TWAIN capabilities and the feature I
was referring to above does have a name:

ICAP_UNDEFINEDIMAGESIZE                        MSG_SET to TRUE to apply
auto size dropping

And it is implemented in Epson Scan 3.66 or later.

I don't really have words for my lack of understanding of such a
feature, but anyways...
I'll try my best to get that into the backend.

The following is also a candidate, since it seems to cause the same
behaviour:

ICAP_AUTOMATICBOADERDETECTION        MSG_SET to TRUE to apply auto size
dropping

--
Martin Zackrisson
Göteborgs Universitet / Cell&  Molekylärbiologi