[sane-devel] .sane entries

Thomas H. George lists at tomgeorge.info
Fri Oct 7 17:11:50 UTC 2011

On Fri, Oct 07, 2011 at 07:02:50AM +0200, stef wrote:
> Le jeudi 6 octobre 2011 23:32:02 Thomas H. George, vous avez écrit :
> > In my home directory there is a subdirectory .sane containing two
> > further subdirectoris, xsane containing the file xsane.rc and xscanimage
> > containing the file xscanimage.rc.
> >
> > I did not create these files and find their contents odd.
> >
> > Can, should I delete them?  If not, are there instructions for editing
> > them?
> >
> > Tom
>
> 	Hello,
>
> 	you'll find information about these files and directories in the man page
> of xsane and xscanimage.
>
> Regards,
> 	Stef

The man pages of xsane and xscanimages give no specific information
regarding the contents of xsane.rc and xscanimages.rc just the advice,
"The user should customize the program through the "Preferences" menu."

The xscanimages preferences menu does not include an option to customize
the xscanimages.rc file.  I can't check the preference memu for xsane
because the program terminates in a segfault.  This segfault problem and
possible solutions has been discussed in the posting Permission Problem
with xsane to the debian-user list and the posting xsane permission
problem to the sane-devel list.

Regards,
	Tom