[sane-devel] epson V100

Stéphanie Vilayphiou stephanie.vilayphiou at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 14:26:58 UTC 2011

Hi,
several years ago, I bought an Epson V100 for it was suitable for Linux.
At the time I was running Ubuntu.
Now I tried to use it under Arch Linux and I have some struggles...

I installed those packages from the aur reposit:
iscan-data

here is some output:
 >> sane-find-scanner
found USB scanner (vendor=0x04b8 [EPSON], product=0x012d [EPSON
Scanner]) at libusb:002:003
   # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be
supported by

 >> scanimage -L
hdevice `epkowa:usb:002:003' is a Epson (unknown model) flatbed scanner
device `epson:libusb:002:003' is a Epson  flatbed scanner

 >> in /etc/sane.d/epkowa.conf and in /etc/sane.d/epson.conf I have:
usb
usb 0x04b8 0x012d
usb /dev/usb/scanner0

 >> iscan
Could not send command to scanner.
Check scanner's status.

 >> xsane
It proposes me to choose between 2 devices:
epkowa:usb:002:003
Doesn't seem to end into anything.
epson:libusb:002:003
Opens up xsane, but when trying to preview or scan: "Failed to start
scanner: Invalid argumenth"

Doing all those things with sudo leads to the same results.
I do not know where to look anymore...
Does someone have a hint?
Thanks!

Stéphanie