[sane-devel] Samsung CLX-318x MFP-series

Jon Chambers jon at jon.demon.co.uk
Sat Apr 7 15:04:32 UTC 2012

Hi Frank,

On Saturday 07 April 2012, Frank Schäfer wrote:
> > As an initial experiment you might try this (perl) driver
> [...]
> Thanks, but unfortunately it doesn't work.

Oh well - it was worth a try!

I guess the next step would be gazing at captured traffic from a few scans
looking for similarities and differences.  In particular you might be able to
spot standard headers, username, profile names.

Once you have a feel for what is what you might also take a peek into the
source for the sane-xerox_mfp driver to see if it is a simple variation on
that protocol.

Good luck!

cheers,
Jon