[sane-devel] Epson V500 Gray negative scan problem

Drasko DRASKOVIC drasko.draskovic at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 10:20:28 UTC 2012

Hi all,
I am trying to set up my Epson V500 to scan correctly B&W negatives with XSane.

I am using Epson Avasys driver (epkowa backend), and with iscan !
negative scan seem to be working very well.
However, when I am trying to obtain scan in XSane, scanned quality is
really bad. It looks like it has really bad resolution or bitdepth.

It might be due to some settings, because when I put Scanmode to
"color" (although I have B&W film negatives), results are with much
better resolution, but then I just can not turn result in Gray - it
rests orange...

What is the process of Black and White negative scan, are there some
options that I am missing ?

BR,
Drasko