[sane-devel] scanner Epson DX4250 not working in Ubuntu 11.10

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Tue Apr 24 23:37:28 UTC 2012

"Giorgio F. Signorini" <giorgio.signorini at unifi.it> writes:

> I'm confused ... after commenting out the 'epson' line in dll.conf and
> everything but the 'usb 0x04b8 0x0820' line in epson2.conf I got
>
>   # scanimage -L
>   device `epson2:libusb:002:003' is a Epson CX4200 flatbed scanner

Never mind the CX4200 bit.  The DX4200 and DX4250 all have the same USB
product ID and can be considered one and the same thing.

> Unfortunately, typing 'scanimage -L' again resulted in 'No scanners
> were identified'; the same ever after.

Weird.  Can you provide a log?

  # SANE_DEBUG_DLL=127 SANE_DEBUG_EPSON2=127 scanimage -L

might be able to shed some light on this.

BTW, you're doing all these tests with administrative privileges
(i.e. using `sudo` or as root), right?

Hope this helps,
                 http://www.fsf.org/jf?referrer=1962