[sane-devel] R: Re: scanner Epson DX4250 not working in Ubuntu 11.10

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Wed Apr 25 23:54:22 UTC 2012

"Giorgio F. Signorini" <giorgio.signorini at unifi.it> writes:

> It's more or less reproducible: if I start a new (root) shell session,
> the first 'scanimage -L' is successful (debug output "scanimage-1.log"
> attached); all subsequent 'scanimage -L' fail (debug output
> "scanimage-2.log" attached).

Thanks for the logs.  In the first log, all device I/O looks fine.  In
the second log, the backend indicates that it did not get a reply to the
very first command it sends to the scanner.  There is no information on
why.  Could you provide a log with the low-level USB debug messages?
Something like

  SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_USB=255 scanimage -L

should do the trick.

> Do you think switching to the 32-bit version would help?

Don't think so.

Hope this helps,
                 http://www.fsf.org/jf?referrer=1962