[sane-devel] Schedule for release of sane-backends 1.0.23

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 13:24:31 UTC 2012

Sane-backends is in code freeze. Bad bugs and documentation may
still be fixed, but major improvements should be avoided. If you have
access to a scanner or a platform that is even slightly uncommon,
please try to test a current sane-backends git snapshot. Let us know
if you find any regressions or other problems, so that we can try to
fix them prior to release.

I will commit the last makefile patch from stef/Chris in a few hours.
I have decided not to commit the recent cannon backend patches this
close to release. That scanner is not common enough to be worth the
risk.

Timetable:
Jul 29, 2012: Feature freeze (only bugs + documentation updates)
Aug 12, 2012: Code freeze (only horrible bugs + documentation updates)
Aug 19, 2012: Release

allan