[sane-devel] MP600R doesn't work

Frode V. Fjeld frodevf at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 08:23:05 UTC 2012

Louis Lagendijk <louis at fazant.net> writes:

> I will have a look at this when I get some time. I have seen this once
> on my own scanner, but thought that the latest git version fixed it.
> This could be a timing issue that shows up on wlan only (I use a wired
> network connection).  Just to be sure: did you power off/on the
> scanner?  It looks as if the protocol stack in Canon devices get
> confused sometines.....

I did have a go at debugging this myself (but I have basically zero
knowledge of sane or canon protocols), and have powercycled the scanner
many tens of times doing so. It could be wlan-specific, but like I said
I have gotten it to work fairly reliably over wlan before. I'll try
later to wire the scanner to the wlan router and see if that makes a
difference.

Thanks,
--
Frode V. Fjeld