[sane-devel] sane-find-scanner works but , scanimage -L not listing devices (root & nonroot)

Rolf Bensch rolf at bensch-online.de
Fri Dec 7 17:09:25 UTC 2012

Hi Max,

Please read and follow the build and installation description in
README.linux (is part of the source code or read here:
http://www.sane-project.org/README.linux), especially the stuff around
libsane.so.1 and symbolic links.

Don't remove the sane packages from debian. You need them e.g. to
install the graphic frontend xsane.

Cheers,
Rolf