[sane-devel] coolscan2: multisampling patches

Nils Philippsen nils at tiptoe.de
Tue Dec 11 14:45:03 UTC 2012

Hi there,

I'm slow sometimes: I just found that I still haven't pushed the patches
to enable/use the multisampling function which several of the Nikon
Coolscan film scanners offer which I finished this spring. The reason
why I'm posting this is that I didn't find an active maintainer for the
coolscan backends and as this is a new feature, I'd like an additional
set of eyes or two to look at this before I push it. Find the individual
commits attached to this mail.

I begun working on this very long ago before the coolscan3 driver
existed, so the patches are against the coolscan2 driver (though porting
shouldn't be too hard). I've tested this on my Super Coolscan LS-2000,
the option is active for the other scanners which are advertised to
offer this function (LS-4000, LS-5000, LS-8000).

Please let me know if you see problems with the patch, otherwise I'll
push them "as is" in a while.

Thanks,
Nils
--
Nils Philippsen / Wilhelmstraße 22 / D-71229 Leonberg
nils at tiptoe.de / nils at redhat.com
Ever noticed that common sense isn't really all that common?