[sane-devel] SANE for Android

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Mon Feb 6 03:56:56 UTC 2012

Matthew Baker <mu.beta.06 at gmail.com> writes:

> I was just wondering if anyone has considered compiling libsane for
> Android. I have previously cross-compiled other open source libraries
> for Android, however, given my unfamiliarity with the SANE build
> process and the shear size of the project I am unsure where to
> start. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

The README ;-)  Seriously though, the sane-backends build process is
orchestrated via autoconf and automake so a simple

  ./configure
  make
  make install

gets you most of the way.  The parts you want to tweak are the options
to ./configure (see ./configure --help), which backends to build (also
controlled via ./configure options and probably divert the files to be
installed someplace else for packaging purposes.

The latter can be done like so

  make install DESTDIR=/path/to/temporary/installation/directory

Hope this helps,
                 http://www.fsf.org/jf?referrer=1962