[sane-devel] scanimage freezes for 3 minutes with Epson Perfection V200 [epkowa]

emmanuel.michel at wanadoo.fr emmanuel.michel at wanadoo.fr
Thu Feb 9 16:31:57 UTC 2012

Wilhelm

I promise I'll post to confirm when it'll work. Problem is I'm a Linux
newbie so I'm slow as I discover a lot of things :-). scanbd is the
first program I compile (stop laughing please). For now I can confirm I
patched scanbd to add a scanbuttond backend specific to the Espon v200
(because as far as I know epkowa backend won't allow me to manage the
buttons of this scanner), I run it using xinetd, the 4 functions are
discovered so I'll make my scripts. After that, I'll try to make sure
saned is ok and better understand some parts of your doc to be sure
everything is OK. Such as for example the part "If scanbd is running on
a desktop machine..." which is obscure to me ;-)

I'm glad to have scanbd as it seems it will end the fight between saned
and scanbuttond. Thanks for it !

Bests,

Emmanuel